Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Love at Last Sight

If you find yourself snowbound, my latest good read is Love at Last Sight.  In a culture where "love" is all about what makes me feel good, this practical guide on how to really love people is a welcome change.  This book is filled with short chapters, practical action steps, and simple common sense (that is not so common), making it a must-have for anyone seeking to invest in their relationships.  The book gives you four weeks of emphasis: Being All There, Acting Intentionally, Risking Awkwardness, and Letting Go. The only thing missing for me was that I wanted it to take me a little deeper into the scriptural wisdom on this topic.  But I think this book's strength is not in its depth, but that it spells it out so simply that anyone could relate and apply what it says to make real changes in their relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment