Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The American Patriot's Almanac

Daily Reading on America is the subtitle of this book, and that's exactly what you get...365 stories from history.  Now for those of you who only studied history because you had to in order to make it through school, this may not be the book for you...but then it may be!  I read through these stories that I had probably heard...with familiar names like Abigail Adams, Frederick Douglass, and Nathan Hale...but I had forgotten how inspiring their stories are, or maybe I never even appreciated them when I was younger. 
Each month also has an extra section of information including such topics as the flag, historical documents, quotes, songs and movies, and a great section on the influence that faith has had on our country. 
If you are weary of seeing our history rewritten to support a secular, Godless worldview, or if you simply enjoy rediscovering the stories that have built our great nation, then you will really enjoy this book.  I plan to read it with my children in order to help them develop an appreciation for history and the freedom and privilege that we enjoy as Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment