Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Final Summit

I have been wanting to read a book by Andy Andrews since I saw him speak at Women of Faith last fall...What an amazing speaker!!!    Because I did not read the "prequel" to this book, "The Travelers", I wasn't sure if I would really get the most out of it though.  However, he gives plenty of background in his storytelling, so I didn't feel too behind.  What I love about Andy's storytelling is that he finds these precious gems...historical stories that are relatively unknown...and he uncovers them for the world to discover.  I don't want to tell too much to ruin the discovery, but he definitely does that in The Final Summit!  In the process, he also gives several other history lessons, including discussion of what we can learn from the wise and unwise decisions of those who have gone before us.  It was an easy read...finished in 1-2 days, so a great book for light readers and book lovers alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment